Greek Salad with Tofu
Tofu boosts the protein in this Greek salad, making it substantial enough for a whole meal. But this dish would also be a perfect addition to a mezze, a Middle Eastern meal of “small dishes”; serve it with warmed, whole-wheat pitas, store-bought hummus, stuffed grape leaves, tzatziki (cucumber sauce) and your favorite olives.
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, or scallion
- 6 Kalamata olives, (see Tip), pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup drained and crumbled firm tofu
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine feta, onion (or scallion), olives, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a medium bowl. Add tofu and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato, cucumber and parsley to the tofu mixture and stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Small amounts of olives can be purchased from bulk bins and salad bars.
Per serving: 164 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 499 mg sodium; 296 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Calcium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique