Greek Salad Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
A lively combination of tomato, onion, olives, oregano and feta cheese works well with the creaminess of baked potatoes. Make it a meal: Serve with Grilled Red Onions and fresh fruit for dessert.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped black olives, (about 4 olives)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine tomato, onion, olives, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes. Sprinkle the feta on top and serve.
Per serving: 211 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 5 g fiber; 225 mg sodium; 1044 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value), Potassium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994