Greek Salad Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
A lively combination of tomato, onion, olives, oregano and feta cheese works well with the creaminess of baked potatoes. Make it a meal: Serve with Grilled Red Onions and fresh fruit for dessert.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped black olives, (about 4 olives)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine tomato, onion, olives, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes. Sprinkle the feta on top and serve.
Per serving: 211 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 5 g fiber; 225 mg sodium; 1044 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value), Potassium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994