Greek Salad Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
A lively combination of tomato, onion, olives, oregano and feta cheese works well with the creaminess of baked potatoes. Make it a meal: Serve with Grilled Red Onions and fresh fruit for dessert.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped black olives, (about 4 olives)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine tomato, onion, olives, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes. Sprinkle the feta on top and serve.
Per serving: 211 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 5 g fiber; 225 mg sodium; 1044 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value), Potassium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994