Greek Salad Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
A lively combination of tomato, onion, olives, oregano and feta cheese works well with the creaminess of baked potatoes. Make it a meal: Serve with Grilled Red Onions and fresh fruit for dessert.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped black olives, (about 4 olives)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine tomato, onion, olives, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes. Sprinkle the feta on top and serve.
Per serving: 211 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 5 g fiber; 225 mg sodium; 1044 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value), Potassium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994