Greek Salad Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
A lively combination of tomato, onion, olives, oregano and feta cheese works well with the creaminess of baked potatoes. Make it a meal: Serve with Grilled Red Onions and fresh fruit for dessert.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped black olives, (about 4 olives)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine tomato, onion, olives, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes. Sprinkle the feta on top and serve.
Per serving: 211 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 5 g fiber; 225 mg sodium; 1044 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value), Potassium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994