Greek Revival Salad
This attractive, full-bodied dish celebrates the Greek flavors of feta, black olives and plenty of oregano.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium head romaine, trimmed, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces (6 cups)
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced and quartered, or 2 larger tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 black olives, such as Kalamata, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, (1 ounce)
- Chop garlic coarsely. Sprinkle with salt and mash with the side of the knife blade. Place the garlic mixture in a small bowl; whisk in tomato juice, lemon juice, oil, oregano and pepper.
- Toss lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion with the dressing. Scatter olives and feta cheese over the top and serve.
Per serving: 110 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 541 mg sodium; 497 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (112% daily value), Vitamin C (63% dv), Folate (32% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation