I am Greek and we cook this soup A LOT, but we put eggs instead of tofu! It is called Avgolemoni in Greek which means EggLemon.
Greek Lemon Rice Soup
Smooth silken tofu replaces the eggs in our version of the classic Greek soup. Add an extra drizzle of olive oil on top of each portion to give it an extra-luxurious taste.
7 Reviews for Greek Lemon Rice Soup
I started by boiling the rice in the broth and olive oil and adding in 1 T of shallots,1 t of ground corriander, lemon pepper, sea salt, and tumeric. I skipped the messy blending and found and all the spices blended nicely for a 5 star soup.
Cher Rainbolt, Auburn, AL
I kinda like this recipe, the first time I used this recipe I didn't add the tofu, nor did i blend anything, I just boiled the chicken broth and rice, then added the remaining ingredients, plus used regular chicken broth, the second time I tried the recipe I follow the directions to the T and it didn't turn out as well as the fist time, kinda bland and not what im use to with greek lemon rice soup!!
Carrie, Fort Wayne, IN
I really love this recipe. It's easy, fast, and tasty. My kids love it too!
Anonymous, West Milford, NJ
This soup had no flavor and a bad texture.
Anonymous, Wildomar, CA
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)