Greek Diner Salad
The secret to this New York diner-style salad is to dice the vegetables to the same size, so that the flavors can meld in one bite. The tangy dressing really perks up the vegetables and makes this dish a stand-alone entree or a zippy accompaniment to barbecued or roasted meats.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch radishes, finely diced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves, for serving
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mint, garlic, honey and salt in a small bowl until creamy.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper, radishes and chickpeas in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables; toss gently. To serve, spoon into lettuce leaves, using them as cups.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store the chopped salad and dressing separately, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 202 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 7 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 522 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (180% daily value), Vitamin A (70% dv), Folate (29% dv), Iron (15% dv), Potassium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique