Greek Diner Salad
The secret to this New York diner-style salad is to dice the vegetables to the same size, so that the flavors can meld in one bite. The tangy dressing really perks up the vegetables and makes this dish a stand-alone entree or a zippy accompaniment to barbecued or roasted meats.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch radishes, finely diced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves, for serving
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mint, garlic, honey and salt in a small bowl until creamy.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper, radishes and chickpeas in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables; toss gently. To serve, spoon into lettuce leaves, using them as cups.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store the chopped salad and dressing separately, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 202 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 7 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 522 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (180% daily value), Vitamin A (70% dv), Folate (29% dv), Iron (15% dv), Potassium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique