Greek Diner Salad
The secret to this New York diner-style salad is to dice the vegetables to the same size, so that the flavors can meld in one bite. The tangy dressing really perks up the vegetables and makes this dish a stand-alone entree or a zippy accompaniment to barbecued or roasted meats.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch radishes, finely diced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves, for serving
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mint, garlic, honey and salt in a small bowl until creamy.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper, radishes and chickpeas in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables; toss gently. To serve, spoon into lettuce leaves, using them as cups.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store the chopped salad and dressing separately, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 202 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 7 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 522 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (180% daily value), Vitamin A (70% dv), Folate (29% dv), Iron (15% dv), Potassium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique