Greek Diner Salad
The secret to this New York diner-style salad is to dice the vegetables to the same size, so that the flavors can meld in one bite. The tangy dressing really perks up the vegetables and makes this dish a stand-alone entree or a zippy accompaniment to barbecued or roasted meats.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch radishes, finely diced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves, for serving
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mint, garlic, honey and salt in a small bowl until creamy.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper, radishes and chickpeas in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables; toss gently. To serve, spoon into lettuce leaves, using them as cups.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store the chopped salad and dressing separately, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 202 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 7 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 522 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (180% daily value), Vitamin A (70% dv), Folate (29% dv), Iron (15% dv), Potassium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)