Grapes & Strawberries in Grappa
From EatingWell: March/April 1997
Sweetened grappa gives fresh fruit a decidedly Greek flavor. Try serving this over lightly sweetened ricotta for a special treat.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grappa
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine sugar, grappa and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Place over low heat, swirling just until sugar dissolves.
- Combine strawberries, grapes and grappa syrup In a medium bowl. Refrigerate until cold. Serve garnished with mint sprigs.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: Grappa is an Italian spirit, distilled from the residue of grapes remaining in the wine press after the juice has been extracted for wine. You can substitute kirsch or Framboise.
Per serving: 205 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 261 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 1997