Grapes & Strawberries in Grappa
From EatingWell: March/April 1997
Sweetened grappa gives fresh fruit a decidedly Greek flavor. Try serving this over lightly sweetened ricotta for a special treat.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grappa
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine sugar, grappa and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Place over low heat, swirling just until sugar dissolves.
- Combine strawberries, grapes and grappa syrup In a medium bowl. Refrigerate until cold. Serve garnished with mint sprigs.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: Grappa is an Italian spirit, distilled from the residue of grapes remaining in the wine press after the juice has been extracted for wine. You can substitute kirsch or Framboise.
Per serving: 205 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 261 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 1997
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)