This is a really easy and delicious salad - especially if you can find pomegranate seeds (Trader Joe's carries them). Assembles quickly. I didn't have fresh basil, used less red onion, and tossed it with baby spinach. Served it at a luncheon with 3-layer finger sandwiches, and it was the perfect counterpoint. Will definitely make again.
Pink Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This is a special-occasion salad that pairs grapefruit segments with creamy avocado, pungent red onion, crunchy pomegranate seeds and aromatic, herby basil. Look for grapefruit with firm, shiny skin that are heavy for their size, which means they will have lots of juice. Store grapefruit for 1 week at room temperature or 1 month in the refrigerator.
3 Reviews for Pink Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
This salad is insane. I want it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I agree with the other reviewer--definitely worth the effort. (FYI - EatingWell's tips on how to de-seed a pomegranate in a bowl of water are very helpful for this recipe!)
This salad is SO good! It has so many different flavors and textures but it blends so nicely together! I did take me a while; however, to peel and section the grapefruits and it was messy. I would definitely say this salad is worth the time and effort.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)