From EatingWell: September/October 2013
The topping on this fast grape-rosemary focaccia recipe is a sweet/salty combination of grapes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary. Serve it instead of dinner rolls or as an appetizer, or cut it in half for an out-of-this-world turkey or ham sandwich.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, pat and stretch dough with damp hands into a 10-by-12-inch oval. If the dough will not stretch easily, let it rest for 10 minutes, then stretch it again. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the dough; sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary. Arrange grapes on top and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake the focaccia until golden around the edges and some of the grapes have burst, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. (The grapes will be very hot inside.)
Tips & Notes
- To make quick focaccia, we use prepared whole-wheat pizza dough. Look for it at your supermarket, fresh or frozen and without any hydrogenated oils.
121 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 157 mg sodium; 52 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- September/October 2013