From EatingWell: September/October 2013
The topping on this fast grape-rosemary focaccia recipe is a sweet/salty combination of grapes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary. Serve it instead of dinner rolls or as an appetizer, or cut it in half for an out-of-this-world turkey or ham sandwich.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, pat and stretch dough with damp hands into a 10-by-12-inch oval. If the dough will not stretch easily, let it rest for 10 minutes, then stretch it again. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the dough; sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary. Arrange grapes on top and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake the focaccia until golden around the edges and some of the grapes have burst, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. (The grapes will be very hot inside.)
Tips & Notes
- To make quick focaccia, we use prepared whole-wheat pizza dough. Look for it at your supermarket, fresh or frozen and without any hydrogenated oils.
121 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 157 mg sodium; 52 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- September/October 2013