From EatingWell: September/October 2013
The topping on this fast grape-rosemary focaccia recipe is a sweet/salty combination of grapes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary. Serve it instead of dinner rolls or as an appetizer, or cut it in half for an out-of-this-world turkey or ham sandwich.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, pat and stretch dough with damp hands into a 10-by-12-inch oval. If the dough will not stretch easily, let it rest for 10 minutes, then stretch it again. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the dough; sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary. Arrange grapes on top and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake the focaccia until golden around the edges and some of the grapes have burst, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. (The grapes will be very hot inside.)
Tips & Notes
- To make quick focaccia, we use prepared whole-wheat pizza dough. Look for it at your supermarket, fresh or frozen and without any hydrogenated oils.
121 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 157 mg sodium; 52 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- September/October 2013