From EatingWell: September/October 2013
The topping on this fast grape-rosemary focaccia recipe is a sweet/salty combination of grapes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary. Serve it instead of dinner rolls or as an appetizer, or cut it in half for an out-of-this-world turkey or ham sandwich.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, pat and stretch dough with damp hands into a 10-by-12-inch oval. If the dough will not stretch easily, let it rest for 10 minutes, then stretch it again. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the dough; sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary. Arrange grapes on top and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake the focaccia until golden around the edges and some of the grapes have burst, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. (The grapes will be very hot inside.)
Tips & Notes
- To make quick focaccia, we use prepared whole-wheat pizza dough. Look for it at your supermarket, fresh or frozen and without any hydrogenated oils.
121 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 157 mg sodium; 52 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2013