From EatingWell: September/October 2013
The topping on this fast grape-rosemary focaccia recipe is a sweet/salty combination of grapes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary. Serve it instead of dinner rolls or as an appetizer, or cut it in half for an out-of-this-world turkey or ham sandwich.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, pat and stretch dough with damp hands into a 10-by-12-inch oval. If the dough will not stretch easily, let it rest for 10 minutes, then stretch it again. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the dough; sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary. Arrange grapes on top and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake the focaccia until golden around the edges and some of the grapes have burst, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. (The grapes will be very hot inside.)
Tips & Notes
- To make quick focaccia, we use prepared whole-wheat pizza dough. Look for it at your supermarket, fresh or frozen and without any hydrogenated oils.
121 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 157 mg sodium; 52 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2013