Grape & Fennel Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Crunchy fennel and celery are combined with grapes in this delicious salad recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 5 cups red and green seedless grapes (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add grapes, fennel, celery and scallions; toss to coat. Serve topped with almonds.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast chopped, small or sliced nuts, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 127 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 384 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2012