Grape & Fennel Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Crunchy fennel and celery are combined with grapes in this delicious salad recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 5 cups red and green seedless grapes (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add grapes, fennel, celery and scallions; toss to coat. Serve topped with almonds.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast chopped, small or sliced nuts, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 127 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 384 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2012