Grape & Fennel Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Crunchy fennel and celery are combined with grapes in this delicious salad recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 5 cups red and green seedless grapes (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add grapes, fennel, celery and scallions; toss to coat. Serve topped with almonds.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast chopped, small or sliced nuts, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 127 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 384 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2012