Grape & Fennel Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Crunchy fennel and celery are combined with grapes in this delicious salad recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 5 cups red and green seedless grapes (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add grapes, fennel, celery and scallions; toss to coat. Serve topped with almonds.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast chopped, small or sliced nuts, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 127 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 384 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2012