Grape & Fennel Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Crunchy fennel and celery are combined with grapes in this delicious salad recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 5 cups red and green seedless grapes (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add grapes, fennel, celery and scallions; toss to coat. Serve topped with almonds.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast chopped, small or sliced nuts, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 127 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 384 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2012