From EatingWell: September/October 2013
With just a few minutes of preparation, you can make this gorgeous grape chutney recipe to serve with roast pork or chicken or to use as a sandwich spread. Purple grapes give it the richest color, but red grapes taste and look great too.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 cups halved seedless purple or red grapes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add grapes, sherry, vinegar, mustard seeds and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the grapes have broken down, 10 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per 1/4-cup serving: 110 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 124 mg sodium; 204 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2013