From EatingWell: September/October 2013
With just a few minutes of preparation, you can make this gorgeous grape chutney recipe to serve with roast pork or chicken or to use as a sandwich spread. Purple grapes give it the richest color, but red grapes taste and look great too.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 cups halved seedless purple or red grapes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add grapes, sherry, vinegar, mustard seeds and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the grapes have broken down, 10 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per 1/4-cup serving: 110 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 124 mg sodium; 204 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2013