From EatingWell: September/October 2013
With just a few minutes of preparation, you can make this gorgeous grape chutney recipe to serve with roast pork or chicken or to use as a sandwich spread. Purple grapes give it the richest color, but red grapes taste and look great too.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 cups halved seedless purple or red grapes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add grapes, sherry, vinegar, mustard seeds and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the grapes have broken down, 10 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per 1/4-cup serving: 110 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 124 mg sodium; 204 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2013