Grand Marnier Soufflé
A triple hit of orange—from marmalade, zest and liqueur—infuses this light souffle with warm citrus flavor.
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided, plus extra for preparing soufflé dish
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in orange zest , orange juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick, 45 to 60 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in marmalade and orange liqueur. Transfer the soufflé base to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 350°F. Lightly coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray. Dust with sugar, tapping out the excess.
- Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt; gradually increase speed to high and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk about one-fourth of the beaten egg whites into the cooled soufflé base to lighten it; gently fold it back into the remaining whites. Turn into the prepared dish and smooth the top.
- Bake the soufflé until puffed and lightly browned, about 35 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Per serving: 151 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 158 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique