Grand Marnier Soufflé
A triple hit of orange—from marmalade, zest and liqueur—infuses this light souffle with warm citrus flavor.
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided, plus extra for preparing soufflé dish
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in orange zest , orange juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick, 45 to 60 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in marmalade and orange liqueur. Transfer the soufflé base to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 350°F. Lightly coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray. Dust with sugar, tapping out the excess.
- Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt; gradually increase speed to high and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk about one-fourth of the beaten egg whites into the cooled soufflé base to lighten it; gently fold it back into the remaining whites. Turn into the prepared dish and smooth the top.
- Bake the soufflé until puffed and lightly browned, about 35 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Per serving: 151 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 158 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve