Grand Marnier Soufflé
A triple hit of orange—from marmalade, zest and liqueur—infuses this light souffle with warm citrus flavor.
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided, plus extra for preparing soufflé dish
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in orange zest , orange juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick, 45 to 60 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in marmalade and orange liqueur. Transfer the soufflé base to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 350°F. Lightly coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray. Dust with sugar, tapping out the excess.
- Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt; gradually increase speed to high and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk about one-fourth of the beaten egg whites into the cooled soufflé base to lighten it; gently fold it back into the remaining whites. Turn into the prepared dish and smooth the top.
- Bake the soufflé until puffed and lightly browned, about 35 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Per serving: 151 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 158 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve