This recipe turned out great! Instead of fresh squash, I thawed a bag of frozen yellow squash by running water over it and used it just as the recipe said. I used dried herbs since that's all I had but put about half of the amount called for. The texture of this soup is great! Thick but not too thick. It only made about three servings for me though, so you may want to double it if you're feeding more people.
Golden Summer Squash & Corn Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Pureed summer squash makes a delicious base for this summery squash and corn soup. Start your meal with the soup or enjoy it as a light lunch. Fresh thyme and briny feta cheese give it fabulous flavor. For a variation, try the soup with any herb you have on hand or goat cheese in place of feta.
23 Reviews for Golden Summer Squash & Corn Soup
This ia AMAZING!!! Super fast, easy and sooooo tasty!!!!! You could really build on this by adding grilled shrimp, smoked ham or even throwing in whatever leftover veggies you have on hand.
Super tasty soup and a great way to use up summer squash! I didn't have a shallot, so I subsituted a mild yellow onion and I also used fresh sage as my herb. Both subsitutions worked great. My husband commented that this soup was so good that we have to stop giving away the extra zucchini from our garden and just make vats of this soup :). Next time I will double the recipe.
Really delicious. I'm watching my fat so I went without the cheese. I also used fat-free chicken broth and added a splash of hot sauce. Really wonderful.
As a NON-fan of zucchini, I am a HUGE fan of this recipe! Thank-you for providing such a simple means of getting the family to enjoy this nutritious veggie in such a delicious fashion :)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)