Golden Polenta & Egg with Mustard Sauce
Here's a streamlined version of Eggs Benedict: purchased polenta, boiled eggs and an easy, no-cook homage to hollandaise. It's a quick dinner any night of the week-or a great weekend brunch.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces prepared polenta, sliced into eight 1/2-inch rounds
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and water in a small bowl.
- Bring 6 cups of lightly salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add green beans and cook until just tender, 4 minutes. Remove the green beans with a slotted spoon and divide among 4 plates.
- Return the water to a boil; place eggs, one by one, in the boiling water and set the timer: 5 minutes for a soft-boiled egg, 8 minutes for hard-boiled. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice the eggs in half.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add polenta rounds in a single layer and cook, turning once, until crispy and golden, about 4 minutes per side. Place 2 polenta rounds on each plate and keep warm. Add the reserved sauce to the pan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly to avoid scorching, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the polenta rounds among the plates, top with egg halves and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 278 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 219 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 4 g fiber; 528 mg sodium; 313 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (20% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation