Goat Cheese & Tomato Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Tomatoes and goat cheese pair deliciously in this dressing. If you don't have tarragon, try this with another fresh herb like basil or thyme.
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Combine goat cheese, vinegar and maple syrup in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Add oil and tomatoes and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tarragon.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 44 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 85 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2009