Goat Cheese & Veggie Morsel
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Crackers topped with tangy goat cheese and a confetti of vegetables make a terrific vegetarian appetizer. Use soft goat cheese, plain or herbed, for easy spreading.
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 24 small whole-wheat crackers
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced scallion greens
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spread 1 teaspoon goat cheese on each cracker.
- Combine carrot and bell pepper in a small bowl. Press about 1 teaspoon of the vegetable mixture into the cheese on each cracker. Top with a bit of scallion greens and sprinkle with pepper.
Per piece: 33 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 50 mg sodium; 22 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2011