Goat Cheese & Veggie Morsel
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Crackers topped with tangy goat cheese and a confetti of vegetables make a terrific vegetarian appetizer. Use soft goat cheese, plain or herbed, for easy spreading.
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 24 small whole-wheat crackers
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced scallion greens
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spread 1 teaspoon goat cheese on each cracker.
- Combine carrot and bell pepper in a small bowl. Press about 1 teaspoon of the vegetable mixture into the cheese on each cracker. Top with a bit of scallion greens and sprinkle with pepper.
Per piece: 33 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 50 mg sodium; 22 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2011