Goat Cheese & Veggie Morsel
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Crackers topped with tangy goat cheese and a confetti of vegetables make a terrific vegetarian appetizer. Use soft goat cheese, plain or herbed, for easy spreading.
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 24 small whole-wheat crackers
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced scallion greens
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spread 1 teaspoon goat cheese on each cracker.
- Combine carrot and bell pepper in a small bowl. Press about 1 teaspoon of the vegetable mixture into the cheese on each cracker. Top with a bit of scallion greens and sprinkle with pepper.
Per piece: 33 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 50 mg sodium; 22 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2011