Goat Cheese Kisses
Each of these bite-size savory treats has a bit of dried fruit tucked inside for a slightly sweet surprise. They make wonderful holiday gifts as well as elegant little hors d'oeuvres.
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts, or pistachios (3/4 ounce), finely chopped
- 6 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 6 dried apricots, or dried figs, each cut into quarters
- Line a plate or small tray with wax paper. Place nuts in a shallow dish. Scoop a heaping 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese and press a piece of dried apricot (or fig) into the center. Wrap the cheese around the dried fruit to form a ball. Roll the ball in the chopped nuts to create a crust; set on the plate or tray. Repeat with remaining goat cheese, dried fruit and nuts.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per piece: 28 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 26 mg sodium; 23 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation