Goat Cheese in a Cranberry-Pecan Crust
From EatingWell: November/December 1996
Rolling goat cheese in dried cranberries and pecans makes a festive hors d'oeuvre. Serve with crackers and a glass of port.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- 1 4-ounce log soft goat cheese
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a work surface. Combine cranberries, pecans and salt in a small bowl. Dump the mix onto the plastic wrap and form it into a small rectangle on the plastic wrap. Roll goat cheese in the cranberry mixture to completely coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 83 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 0 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1996