Goat Cheese in a Cranberry-Pecan Crust
From EatingWell: November/December 1996
Rolling goat cheese in dried cranberries and pecans makes a festive hors d'oeuvre. Serve with crackers and a glass of port.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- 1 4-ounce log soft goat cheese
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a work surface. Combine cranberries, pecans and salt in a small bowl. Dump the mix onto the plastic wrap and form it into a small rectangle on the plastic wrap. Roll goat cheese in the cranberry mixture to completely coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 83 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 0 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1996