I need a quick meal for dinner last night and made this for my husband and I. I had to substitute 1 yellow squash because that was what was available. I also tossed in some extra cheese. It was easy to make, with ingredients I had on hand, and my husband took the leftovers to work!
Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons & Parsley Brown Butter
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
For this recipe, convenient store-bought potato gnocchi are tossed with delicate ribbons of zucchini, shallots and cherry tomatoes that have all been sautéed in nutty browned butter.
68 Reviews for Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons & Parsley Brown Butter
I used a vege peeler for the zucchini, so it was very delicate and should be added at the end just to blanch it. I also substituted gnocchi for scallops and added rice noodles. Very tasty!
The basic recipe was good and easy to throw together but lacked flavor. I added onion and garlic and cooked before adding the tomatoes and zucchini, and used lemon zest and half of a lemon and rosemary before serving. I think I used too much zucchini, I love this vegetable but not when its overpowering the dish, will make a second attempt.
After adding the parmesan cheese, everything became very dry! And unfortunately, the frozen gnocchi's were very chewy and not tender at all. Such a simple recipe, but unfortunately my husband and I have given it thumbs down. Sorry!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)