Glazed Rutabagas & Potatoes
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Roasted earthy rutabagas and potatoes are simply glazed in this delicious holiday side dish.
- 2 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss together potatoes, rutabagas and oil in a large bowl. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Cover with foil and roast until just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sugar, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Return to the oven and roast, uncovered, until golden brown and glazed, about 25 minutes longer.
Per serving: 193 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 948 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (27% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1995