Glazed Rutabagas & Potatoes
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Roasted earthy rutabagas and potatoes are simply glazed in this delicious holiday side dish.
- 2 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss together potatoes, rutabagas and oil in a large bowl. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Cover with foil and roast until just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sugar, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Return to the oven and roast, uncovered, until golden brown and glazed, about 25 minutes longer.
Per serving: 193 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 948 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (27% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1995