Glazed Rutabagas & Potatoes
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Roasted earthy rutabagas and potatoes are simply glazed in this delicious holiday side dish.
- 2 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss together potatoes, rutabagas and oil in a large bowl. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Cover with foil and roast until just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sugar, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Return to the oven and roast, uncovered, until golden brown and glazed, about 25 minutes longer.
Per serving: 193 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 948 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (27% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1995