Glazed Rutabagas & Potatoes
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Roasted earthy rutabagas and potatoes are simply glazed in this delicious holiday side dish.
- 2 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss together potatoes, rutabagas and oil in a large bowl. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Cover with foil and roast until just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sugar, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Return to the oven and roast, uncovered, until golden brown and glazed, about 25 minutes longer.
Per serving: 193 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 948 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (27% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1995