Glazed Plum Tarts
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
These quick plum tarts are the perfect weeknight dessert. You can substitute your favorite fruits year-round.
- 6 plums, cut in half, pitted and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pieces very thinly sliced white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, cut into 4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine plums, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the plums are tender and the juices have thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread rounds on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Spoon the plum mixture over each bread round, so that all the bread is covered.
- Bake the tarts until the bread is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt.
Per serving: 202 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 145 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (16% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994