Glazed Plum Tarts
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
These quick plum tarts are the perfect weeknight dessert. You can substitute your favorite fruits year-round.
- 6 plums, cut in half, pitted and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pieces very thinly sliced white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, cut into 4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine plums, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the plums are tender and the juices have thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread rounds on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Spoon the plum mixture over each bread round, so that all the bread is covered.
- Bake the tarts until the bread is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt.
Per serving: 202 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 145 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (16% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994