Glazed Plum Tarts
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
These quick plum tarts are the perfect weeknight dessert. You can substitute your favorite fruits year-round.
- 6 plums, cut in half, pitted and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pieces very thinly sliced white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, cut into 4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine plums, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the plums are tender and the juices have thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread rounds on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Spoon the plum mixture over each bread round, so that all the bread is covered.
- Bake the tarts until the bread is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt.
Per serving: 202 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 145 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (16% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994