Glazed Plum Tarts
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
These quick plum tarts are the perfect weeknight dessert. You can substitute your favorite fruits year-round.
- 6 plums, cut in half, pitted and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pieces very thinly sliced white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, cut into 4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine plums, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the plums are tender and the juices have thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread rounds on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Spoon the plum mixture over each bread round, so that all the bread is covered.
- Bake the tarts until the bread is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt.
Per serving: 202 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 145 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (16% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994