Glazed Plum Tarts
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
These quick plum tarts are the perfect weeknight dessert. You can substitute your favorite fruits year-round.
- 6 plums, cut in half, pitted and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pieces very thinly sliced white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, cut into 4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine plums, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the plums are tender and the juices have thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread rounds on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Spoon the plum mixture over each bread round, so that all the bread is covered.
- Bake the tarts until the bread is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt.
Per serving: 202 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 145 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (16% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994