Glazed Mini Carrots
Take advantage of convenient mini ("baby") carrots to make this simple but sophisticated classic French side dish.
- 3 cups mini carrots, (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine carrots, water, honey, butter and salt in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is a syrupy glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Per serving: 74 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 236 mg sodium; 287 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (320% daily value), Vitamin C (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable