Glazed Mini Carrots
Take advantage of convenient mini ("baby") carrots to make this simple but sophisticated classic French side dish.
- 3 cups mini carrots, (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine carrots, water, honey, butter and salt in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is a syrupy glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Per serving: 74 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 236 mg sodium; 287 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (320% daily value), Vitamin C (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable