I made the "carmel" with regular sugar and used 1/3 cup of Splenda in the custard. I followed the rest of the recipe exactly (except cutting the recipe in half & dividing it among 4 ramekins). My husband HATES flan or custard-y desserts, but absolutely loved this! It's rich and flavorful and sweet, yet light. He was shocked that it was less than 200 calories! A great Fall dessert. I will be making this again!!
Gingered Pumpkin Flans
From EatingWell: November 1997
A touch of fresh ginger adds dimension to these pumpkin flans.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)