I decided to take the advice of a previous reviewer and not use all of the orange rind. I doubled the recipe, and only used the rind of about half of the first orange. I used cara cara oranges, which are significantly sweeter than most others, and it actually turned out sweeter than when I made the cranberry raspberry sauce for Thanksgiving. I could not find ginger crystals, so I used fresh spearmint from my plant outside and it fit together perfectly.
Gingered Cranberry-Orange Relish
From EatingWell: November/December 1996
Crystallized ginger and orange enlivens traditional cranberry relish.
3 Reviews for Gingered Cranberry-Orange Relish
I made this relish to accompany thanksgiving dinner tomorrow; it's beautiful (the red, white and orange look gorgeous together), but with the unpeeled orange it's very orangey! I would recommend using grated peel rather than whole, unpeeled slices, and perhaps upping the amount of ginger used.
I just found this recipe this morning in search of a healthy cranberry-orange relish which I love, but with less sugar (many call for 1 c.) and alas I have all ingredients on hand, so I made this in my Champ HP3 blender and I really like it. I'm taking it to a dinner tonight and decided to make another batch as I anticipate it will be well received and won't have any leftovers.
Letha B Newville PA
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)