Ginger Poached Apricots
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
In this healthy fresh apricot recipe, the summery stone fruit is poached in a lightly sweet broth with crystallized ginger. Serve over Greek yogurt for a special breakfast or over vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick and impressive dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced crystallized ginger
- 4 ripe, fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- Combine water, brown sugar and ginger in a medium saucepan. Add apricots and bring to a simmer over medium heat; simmer, turning once, until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the apricots with a slotted spoon; increase the heat to high and boil until the liquid is reduced to a syrup, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the skins from the apricots, if desired, and serve drizzled with the syrup.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 13 g added sugars; 17 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2014