Ginger Poached Apricots
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
In this healthy fresh apricot recipe, the summery stone fruit is poached in a lightly sweet broth with crystallized ginger. Serve over Greek yogurt for a special breakfast or over vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick and impressive dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced crystallized ginger
- 4 ripe, fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- Combine water, brown sugar and ginger in a medium saucepan. Add apricots and bring to a simmer over medium heat; simmer, turning once, until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the apricots with a slotted spoon; increase the heat to high and boil until the liquid is reduced to a syrup, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the skins from the apricots, if desired, and serve drizzled with the syrup.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 13 g added sugars; 17 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014