Ginger Poached Apricots
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
In this healthy fresh apricot recipe, the summery stone fruit is poached in a lightly sweet broth with crystalized ginger. Serve over Greek yogurt for a special breakfast or over vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick and impressive dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced crystalized ginger
- 4 ripe, fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- Combine water, brown sugar and ginger in a medium saucepan. Add apricots and bring to a simmer over medium heat; simmer, turning once, until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the apricots with a slotted spoon; increase the heat to high and boil until the liquid is reduced to a syrup, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the skins from the apricots, if desired, and serve drizzled with the syrup.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 13 g added sugars; 17 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2014