Ginger Poached Apricots
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
In this healthy fresh apricot recipe, the summery stone fruit is poached in a lightly sweet broth with crystalized ginger. Serve over Greek yogurt for a special breakfast or over vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick and impressive dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced crystalized ginger
- 4 ripe, fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- Combine water, brown sugar and ginger in a medium saucepan. Add apricots and bring to a simmer over medium heat; simmer, turning once, until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the apricots with a slotted spoon; increase the heat to high and boil until the liquid is reduced to a syrup, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the skins from the apricots, if desired, and serve drizzled with the syrup.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 13 g added sugars; 17 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014