From EatingWell: July/August 1992
Spinach, watercress and Belgian endive are good matches for this zesty dressing.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk orange zest, orange juice, oil, scallions, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well blended. (Alternatively, combine ingredients in a small jar, secure the lid and shake until blended.)
Tips & Notes
- Add orange sections to your salad for a boost of vitamin C and folic acid.
Per tablespoon: 37 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 55 mg sodium; 27 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1992