From EatingWell: July/August 1992
Spinach, watercress and Belgian endive are good matches for this zesty dressing.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk orange zest, orange juice, oil, scallions, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well blended. (Alternatively, combine ingredients in a small jar, secure the lid and shake until blended.)
Tips & Notes
- Add orange sections to your salad for a boost of vitamin C and folic acid.
Per tablespoon: 37 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 55 mg sodium; 27 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1992