Ginger-Miso Tofu Dressing
From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Mellow white miso adds a pleasing savory sweetness to this creamy ginger dressing that partners perfectly with mixed green salads, slaws or grain salads. It is also great spooned over cooked asparagus.
- 1/2 cup low-fat firm silken tofu, (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white (shiro) miso, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. Thin with more water, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Stir or shake before using.
- Ingredient Note: Made from fermented soybeans, miso is a common ingredient in Japanese cooking. There are different types of miso, in shades ranging from white and yellow to reddish brown and dark brown. Available at health-food stores and Japanese markets.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2002