Ginger-Miso Tofu Dressing
From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Mellow white miso adds a pleasing savory sweetness to this creamy ginger dressing that partners perfectly with mixed green salads, slaws or grain salads. It is also great spooned over cooked asparagus.
- 1/2 cup low-fat firm silken tofu, (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white (shiro) miso, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. Thin with more water, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Stir or shake before using.
- Ingredient Note: Made from fermented soybeans, miso is a common ingredient in Japanese cooking. There are different types of miso, in shades ranging from white and yellow to reddish brown and dark brown. Available at health-food stores and Japanese markets.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2002