Ginger-Miso Tofu Dressing
From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Mellow white miso adds a pleasing savory sweetness to this creamy ginger dressing that partners perfectly with mixed green salads, slaws or grain salads. It is also great spooned over cooked asparagus.
- 1/2 cup low-fat firm silken tofu, (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white (shiro) miso, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. Thin with more water, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Stir or shake before using.
- Ingredient Note: Made from fermented soybeans, miso is a common ingredient in Japanese cooking. There are different types of miso, in shades ranging from white and yellow to reddish brown and dark brown. Available at health-food stores and Japanese markets.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2002