Ginger-Miso Tofu Dressing
From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Mellow white miso adds a pleasing savory sweetness to this creamy ginger dressing that partners perfectly with mixed green salads, slaws or grain salads. It is also great spooned over cooked asparagus.
- 1/2 cup low-fat firm silken tofu, (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white (shiro) miso, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. Thin with more water, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Stir or shake before using.
- Ingredient Note: Made from fermented soybeans, miso is a common ingredient in Japanese cooking. There are different types of miso, in shades ranging from white and yellow to reddish brown and dark brown. Available at health-food stores and Japanese markets.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2002