From EatingWell: July/August 1993
Instead of cantaloupe, you may also use Persian, Crenshaw or casaba melon in this refreshing ginger-infused soup.
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes (4 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons slivered crystallized ginger, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place cantaloupe, 3 tablespoons ginger, orange zest and honey in a food processor or blender and puree. Add yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the orange and lemon juices. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Garnish each portion with some of the remaining ginger.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 115 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 51 mg sodium; 476 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (86% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993