From EatingWell: July/August 1993
Instead of cantaloupe, you may also use Persian, Crenshaw or casaba melon in this refreshing ginger-infused soup.
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes (4 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons slivered crystallized ginger, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place cantaloupe, 3 tablespoons ginger, orange zest and honey in a food processor or blender and puree. Add yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the orange and lemon juices. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Garnish each portion with some of the remaining ginger.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 115 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 51 mg sodium; 476 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (86% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993